BSA | The Software Alliance
BSA | The Software Alliance (www.bsa.org) is the leading global advocate for the software industry. It is an association of world-class companies that invest billions of dollars annually to create software solutions that spark the economy and improve modern life. Through international government relations, intellectual property enforcement and educational activities, BSA expands the horizons of the digital world and builds trust and confidence in the new technologies driving it forward.
BSA members include Adobe, Agilent, Altium, Ansys, Apple, Aquafold, ARM, Autodesk, AVEVA, Baseplan, Bentley Systems, CA Technologies, Cisco, CNC/Mastercam, Dassault Systemes, Dell, IBM, Intel, Intuit, Luxion, McAfee, Microsoft, Minitab, Nikon, Oracle, Rockwell, PTC, Rosetta Stone, Siemens PLM, Symantec, Tekla, and The MathWorks.
The BSA's key areas are within Public Policy where it works to advance policy solutions that promote innovation, job creation, and economic growth. One area especially important is the promotion of strong intellectual property protection. In addition, BSA examines other policy issues impacting the future growth of the industry and the information economy such as electronic commerce, telecommunications, encryption, and tariff issues-on physical and electronic goods.
BSA works with Anti-Piracy and the unauthorised copying or distribution of copyrighted software.
BSA has also created a Software asset management (SAM) which can help businesses identify illegal software use in their organisation.
BSA offers a wide variety of memberships depending on your geographical area or the area of interest such as: anti-piracy, Internet –piracy or Policy council. Unlike other associations, BSA measures its success by the results it delivers to its members, rather than its number of members. Activities highlight the value of software to the global economy, promote market growth, advance information security, and increase compliance with software licensing requirements.
To become a member
Director of Membership Services and Metrics
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Websites: http://www.bsa.org/, http://www.nopiracy.org.au
Latest Stories about
- Congress targets cybersecurity; you’re the victim
- How CISA encourages both cybersecurity information sharing and warrantless surveillance
- CISA legislation would lift liability for businesses sharing cyber threat information
- Australian businesses cop software copyright infringement fines totalling $536k
- German coalition favors German-owned or open source software, aims to lock NSA out
- Tech titans urge surveillance reform
- Trader fined $304k for selling fake Windows software
- The best of the worst: The dirty IT jobs hall of shame
- Microsoft partners with Samsung, HP to help stop Windows piracy
- Cloud-based legal software the way forward: BSA
- 4 Internet privacy laws you should know about
- BSA Australia offers $20K to software piracy whistle-blowers during July
- How businesses can avoid software piracy: BSA
- Wait, IS desktop Linux a flop? Readers weigh in
- Microsoft shakes up management after China exec's sudden departure