Ciena Corporation was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Maryland, USA. Ciena offers network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice to enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
The company's portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable clients to change the way they compete.
Ciena has over 4000 employees worldwide.
Packet-Optical Transport: Platforms that automatically adapt to a wide range of existing fiber plants, making 40G and 100G as easy to deploy as 10G.
Packet-Optical Switching: Multi-terabit-class reconfigurable switching systems utilizing intelligent mesh networking to automate the provisioning and dynamic bandwidth control of high-capacity services.
Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery: Intelligent devices that create low-touch, high-velocity access, backhaul and aggregation networks.
Ciena One Software Suite: Unified software solutions for comprehensive service lifecycle control, proactive monitoring and multi-layer control plane across a wide range of network layers and service types.
Ciena Specialist Services: A services practice that applies Ciena expertise to your specificchallenges and opportunities.
How to buy
Contact Ciena Sales by phone: (800) 207-3714
Ciena Australia Pty. Ltd
1 Innovation Road
Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
Tel: +61 2 8870-5000
Latest Stories about
- Southern Cross Cable Network rolls out 100G expansion
- ZTE sends 400Gbps over 5,000 kilometers
- New specifications to ease delivery of carrier Ethernet services
- Verizon launches faster network for financial firms
- Wall Street Beat: Economy weighs on chip, PC sector
- US energy agency demos blazingly fast network
- VERNet deploys Ciena for network upgrade
- Wall Street Beat: IT gets hit in market slump
- EMC unveils real-time data replication over thousands of miles
- Internet2 turns 15: Has it delivered on its promise?
- Google and other titans form Open Networking Foundation
- Juniper merges network core elements to cut carrier costs
- Ciena's loss deepens after Nortel metro Ethernet acquisition
- In brief: Former Telstra staffer to oversee parts of Optus
- Ciena sets sights on NBN