Ciena Corporation was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Maryland, USA. Ciena offers network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice to enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
The company's portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable clients to change the way they compete.
Ciena has over 4000 employees worldwide.
Packet-Optical Transport: Platforms that automatically adapt to a wide range of existing fiber plants, making 40G and 100G as easy to deploy as 10G.
Packet-Optical Switching: Multi-terabit-class reconfigurable switching systems utilizing intelligent mesh networking to automate the provisioning and dynamic bandwidth control of high-capacity services.
Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery: Intelligent devices that create low-touch, high-velocity access, backhaul and aggregation networks.
Ciena One Software Suite: Unified software solutions for comprehensive service lifecycle control, proactive monitoring and multi-layer control plane across a wide range of network layers and service types.
Ciena Specialist Services: A services practice that applies Ciena expertise to your specificchallenges and opportunities.
How to buy
Contact Ciena Sales by phone: (800) 207-3714
Ciena Australia Pty. Ltd
1 Innovation Road
Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
Tel: +61 2 8870-5000
Latest Stories about
- How dead is Nortel?
- Nortel in '09: Dismantling of a tech stalwart
- Ciena will pay $US769M for Nortel's metro Ethernet business
- Cienna was prepared to pay millions more for Nortel's Metro Ethernet business
- NYSE taps Juniper for 10G Ethernet network
- Cisco 'could' announce 10% layoffs, analyst predicts
- Cisco enhances carrier router's 40G support
- Analysts predict gloomy future for ISPs
- Blockbuster growth for optical networking market
- Behind the scenes of Internet2
- Ciena to acquire World Wide Packets
- 3Com joins the list of one-generation companies
- Carrier vendors stage the world's largest Ethernet interoperability test
- Internet2 lights up the first segment of next-gen Net
- Internet2 selects Ciena gear for next-gen network