Global Switch operates eight data centres in key connectivity hubs across Europe and Asia-Pacific, providing in excess of 278,700 sq m of state of the art technical space. Global Switch Sydney is one of the largest data centres in the Southern Hemisphere with over 34 MW of onsite power generation capacity.
Operated to an enhanced Tier III standard the data centre has diverse 33 kV feeds feeding a back up power system consisting of 22 diesel rotary UPS systems. Final distribution to customer suites is in a 2(N+1) configuration. The N+1 telecommunication rooms located at each end of the data centre are populated by most of the major domestic and international Carriers providing customers with unrivalled access to connectivity.
Key features in Sydney include:
- A convenient location on the edge of the Central Business District (CBD) with future expansion plans in place to grow with its customers.
- 34 MW of power to the data centre.
- High levels of customer satisfaction from Australia's leading telecommunications, government and financial institutions.
- Excellent efficiency delivers low energy costs to customers.
- Conveniently situated on the edge of the CBD but not on the same electricity supply.
- Outside the CBD evacuation zone.
How to buy
Contact Global Switch at: +61 (0) 2 9566 7000
+61 (0) 2 9566 7000
4th Floor Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP
+44 (0)20 7802 5150
Latest Stories about
- HP spruiks Government Cloud services
- Netregistry Group acquires Distribute.IT customers, assets
- Citrix apps for NBN Co internal staff, contractors
- Federal Govt introduces whole of government data centre panel
- Data centre crisis chance for NextDC to grow: Slattery
- Three candidates left in NSW data centre reform race
- NBN Co's second data centre destined for Polaris
- Vocus opens first data centre
- BitCloud launches into SME cloud hosting
- Content drives carrier upgrades in 2011: Juniper Networks
- Transport NSW accelerates shared services plans
- What are you saying: NBN Co business case, Telstra separation, iiNet, TPG
- Global Switch to build second Sydney data centre
- NBN Co announces $9.5 million deal with Cisco for data centre equipment
- NBN Co enters into $3 million data centre contract with Global Switch