Samsung started as a small export business in Korea but has now been around for over 70 years. Samsung is one of the world’s leading electronics companies, specialising in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. However, Samsung is comprised of companies that are setting new standards in a wide range of businesses, from electronics to financial services, from chemicals and heavy industries to trade and services.
Samsung specialises in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. They have won the No.1 global market share for 13 of their products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones. Samsung is also focusing on research and development of their overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances, and more.
Samsung creates a wide range of mobile phones, with next- generation mobile phone technologies such as Mobile WiMAX and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).Their business also comprises personal computers and MP3 players, creating synergies across platforms.
The TV business is also a key driver. LED TV:s is a flagship product within the TV business. LCD TV and Monitors have also maintained top positions in their respective categories. Samsung also invests in innovation and development in new technology such as 3D.
In addition to telecommunication systems Samsung also has printers & cameras and home appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, ovens, vacuum cleaners and other appliances. Samsung's Component Business leads the world's memory and LCD markets in product and technology development. Their component business is divided into semiconductors and LCD.
How to buy
Samsung Australia: (02) 97646440
Samsung Electronics Australia
7 Parkview Dr, Homebush Bay, NSW, 2127
Phone number: (02) 97646440
Customer contact center:
Call 1300 362 603
Customer Service and Technical Support Operation hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6pm (EST) Saturday 9am - 1pm (EST)
Latest Stories about
- Samsung, Yahoo Ink E-Commerce Pact
- Gmate Debuts Palm-Sized Linux Device
- Sony's Memory Stick Attracts More Supporters
- Lineo Buys Canadian Company, Signs Deals in Korea
- WebTV Looks to Attract Users via Free Service
- Rambus standard rolls ahead (slowly)
- Oracle Takes Wireless Plunge with Consumer Portal
- AAPT selects Lucent, considers mobile float
- Telcos get together for ATUG
- Wireless Net, Linux, Win2000 to Take Center Stage
- IDC: A-P PC Market Grew 35 Percent in 1999
- Samsung Unveils Fast Graphics DRAM
- Rambus Rolls Ahead (Slowly)
- Global Mobile Phone Sales Grew 65 Percent in '99
- Mobile world readies for IP-based future