Samsung started as a small export business in Korea but has now been around for over 70 years. Samsung is one of the world’s leading electronics companies, specialising in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. However, Samsung is comprised of companies that are setting new standards in a wide range of businesses, from electronics to financial services, from chemicals and heavy industries to trade and services.
Samsung specialises in digital appliances and media, semiconductors, memory and system integrations. They have won the No.1 global market share for 13 of their products, including semiconductors, TFT-LCDs, monitors and CDMA mobile phones. Samsung is also focusing on research and development of their overall semiconductor line, including flash memory and non-memory, custom semiconductors, DRAM and SRAM, as well as producing LCDs, mobile phones, digital appliances, and more.
Samsung creates a wide range of mobile phones, with next- generation mobile phone technologies such as Mobile WiMAX and High-Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA).Their business also comprises personal computers and MP3 players, creating synergies across platforms.
The TV business is also a key driver. LED TV:s is a flagship product within the TV business. LCD TV and Monitors have also maintained top positions in their respective categories. Samsung also invests in innovation and development in new technology such as 3D.
In addition to telecommunication systems Samsung also has printers & cameras and home appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners, washers, ovens, vacuum cleaners and other appliances. Samsung's Component Business leads the world's memory and LCD markets in product and technology development. Their component business is divided into semiconductors and LCD.
How to buy
Samsung Australia: (02) 97646440
Samsung Electronics Australia
7 Parkview Dr, Homebush Bay, NSW, 2127
Phone number: (02) 97646440
Customer contact center:
Call 1300 362 603
Customer Service and Technical Support Operation hours:
Monday to Friday 8:30am - 6pm (EST) Saturday 9am - 1pm (EST)
Latest Stories about
- Smartphone makers are pricing themselves out of the market
- Optus tests augmented reality video calling over 5G
- Seizing on Huawei's troubles, Samsung bets big on network gear
- Wireless charging from A to Z: What you need to know
- 5G is "not the atom bomb" says Huawei rotating CEO Eric Xu
- Coming soon: On-premises 5G gear for enterprises
- Australia could host ground infrastructure for next-gen Viasat satellite
- University of Queensland launches quantum tech masters course
- Australian smartphone market softens as consumers await 5G devices
- It’s been the worst year ever for smartphone shipments. Here’s why
- Dynatrace announces next-gen AIOps and session replay capability
- Linux Foundation backs a group to boost edge networking
- Apple’s AirPower wireless charger may already be in production – and shipping soon
- How Google plans to reinvent the user interface
- Wi-Fi Mesh: What to know about enterprise mesh networks