Ciena Corporation was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Maryland, USA. Ciena offers network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice to enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
The company's portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable clients to change the way they compete.
Ciena has over 4000 employees worldwide.
Packet-Optical Transport: Platforms that automatically adapt to a wide range of existing fiber plants, making 40G and 100G as easy to deploy as 10G.
Packet-Optical Switching: Multi-terabit-class reconfigurable switching systems utilizing intelligent mesh networking to automate the provisioning and dynamic bandwidth control of high-capacity services.
Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery: Intelligent devices that create low-touch, high-velocity access, backhaul and aggregation networks.
Ciena One Software Suite: Unified software solutions for comprehensive service lifecycle control, proactive monitoring and multi-layer control plane across a wide range of network layers and service types.
Ciena Specialist Services: A services practice that applies Ciena expertise to your specificchallenges and opportunities.
How to buy
Contact Ciena Sales by phone: (800) 207-3714
Ciena Australia Pty. Ltd
1 Innovation Road
Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
Tel: +61 2 8870-5000
Latest Stories about
- Ciena/ONI deal done
- Gotham closes door, sources say
- Cisco's MAN for SAN
- Ciena, ONI close deal, lop heads
- Ciena cuts 650 jobs
- Ciena buys ONI for US$900 million
- Networking industry braces for aftershocks
- Lucent courts the 30 biggest carriers
- Is the fog lifting over the network equipment sector?
- MSPPs, next-gen SONET mixing signals
- ONI helps speed deployment of new circuit
- Ciena falls victim to economic downturn
- Cisco fortifies fiber gear for metro, long haul
- The road to 40G optical networking
- Wanted: Applications to absorb fibre glut