Ciena Corporation was founded in 1992 and is headquartered in Maryland, USA. Ciena offers network infrastructure solutions, intelligent software and a comprehensive services practice to enterprise, government, and research and education networks across the globe.
The company's portfolio of software-centric optical and Ethernet platforms combines network element programmability, operating system commonality and management unification, and Carrier Ethernet-based transformation to enable clients to change the way they compete.
Ciena has over 4000 employees worldwide.
Packet-Optical Transport: Platforms that automatically adapt to a wide range of existing fiber plants, making 40G and 100G as easy to deploy as 10G.
Packet-Optical Switching: Multi-terabit-class reconfigurable switching systems utilizing intelligent mesh networking to automate the provisioning and dynamic bandwidth control of high-capacity services.
Carrier Ethernet Service Delivery: Intelligent devices that create low-touch, high-velocity access, backhaul and aggregation networks.
Ciena One Software Suite: Unified software solutions for comprehensive service lifecycle control, proactive monitoring and multi-layer control plane across a wide range of network layers and service types.
Ciena Specialist Services: A services practice that applies Ciena expertise to your specificchallenges and opportunities.
How to buy
Contact Ciena Sales by phone: (800) 207-3714
Ciena Australia Pty. Ltd
1 Innovation Road
Macquarie Park, NSW 2113
Tel: +61 2 8870-5000
Latest Stories about
- Lucent's metro re-entry may re-energize giant
- DT tests Lucent's 40G optical equipment
- Optical transport market down 22 percent in Q1
- Intel moves deeper into optics market
- Optical titans refocus
- Fifteen products that shook the networking world
- Cisco fills out metro edge, access with DWDM
- Report: Industry downturn to extend deep into 2002
- Can Loudcloud set the IPO tone?
- Claim to Fame
- Nortel, Others Named in Broad Patent Lawsuit
- Market Movers: The Downer in the Dell
- Dot-Coms in the Black
- Profits on the Web -- No, Really
- Is Fiber Really Good for You?