Global Switch operates eight data centres in key connectivity hubs across Europe and Asia-Pacific, providing in excess of 278,700 sq m of state of the art technical space. Global Switch Sydney is one of the largest data centres in the Southern Hemisphere with over 34 MW of onsite power generation capacity.
Operated to an enhanced Tier III standard the data centre has diverse 33 kV feeds feeding a back up power system consisting of 22 diesel rotary UPS systems. Final distribution to customer suites is in a 2(N+1) configuration. The N+1 telecommunication rooms located at each end of the data centre are populated by most of the major domestic and international Carriers providing customers with unrivalled access to connectivity.
Key features in Sydney include:
- A convenient location on the edge of the Central Business District (CBD) with future expansion plans in place to grow with its customers.
- 34 MW of power to the data centre.
- High levels of customer satisfaction from Australia's leading telecommunications, government and financial institutions.
- Excellent efficiency delivers low energy costs to customers.
- Conveniently situated on the edge of the CBD but not on the same electricity supply.
- Outside the CBD evacuation zone.
How to buy
Contact Global Switch at: +61 (0) 2 9566 7000
+61 (0) 2 9566 7000
4th Floor Millbank Tower
London SW1P 4QP
+44 (0)20 7802 5150
Latest Stories about
- NSW data centre reform project gets underway
- Top ten most influential of 2010: Data growth
- Oracle plans Aussie CRM on-demand hosting
- Defence spends $180m on ICT contracts
- Global Switch to be Defence's primary data centre
- NextDC buys up Melbourne and Brisbane data centre land
- NSW data centre short list a long-time coming
- Harbour MSP joins data centre rush
- Local providers key to taking the public cloud mainstream in Australia
- Global Switch joins data centre gold rush
- Govt information office open to greenfield data centre suppliers
- Federal Government launches new data centre strategy
- 17 operators keen on NSW data centre consolidation plan
- Sydney data centre switches on street art
- ADC to build new $100m Tier 3 data centre in Canberra